Volunteer with OPS
At OPS, we believe in the power of every individual to make a difference. Everyone brings something unique to our work to protect the planet. Let us know what you would like to do, and how you might help support our mission.
Avid Assistant Editor
Assistant Editor is responsible for the ingest and management of incoming footage for documentary projects. This includes checksum transfers, logging, project setup, media management, proxy generation, syncing, dailies export and upload, script syncing, LTO backups, and other duties as assigned. Position requires strong technical troubleshooting skills and proficiency in Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro. Previous experience with documentary features or series is preferred.
This is a paid position. To apply, please fill out the Assistant Editor Application.
Volunteer Growth Project Manager (GPM)
To be considered for this position, please fill out our Volunteer Application Form and select “Growth Project Manager” under the “type of work most interested in” field.
Growth Project Manager (GPM) at Oceanic Preservation Society (OPS) is primarily responsible for creating, administering, and implementing the organization’s growth strategy for the future. GPM works under direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and is expected to partner with stakeholders and resources across the organization to ensure that the organization’s key goals are carried out. The GPM works closely with different teams to build engaging experiences that grow the OPS donor and supporter base. GPM role is a combination of technical, marketing, analytical, and creative thinking. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Develop and deliver a clearly defined donor fundraising strategy, including short and long-term measurable key performance indicators and growth goals
– Own and drive the strategy within multiple marketing channels, End-to-End email channel, Google Ad Grants, Paid Social Media Advertising, etc.
– Execute A/B testing- Implement audience segmentation strategies (donor CRM (Funraise); MailChimp)
– Build landing pages for upcoming films/campaigns, ensuring that pages integrate with existing web accounts and fundraising platform (Funraise)
– Aim to complete marketing objectives; measure and report on campaign progress and effectiveness
– Analyze reported performance, provide actionable insights and identify any opportunities for testing
– Coordinate WordPress website improvements; go-to person for adjusting forms, moving things around on pages, SEO changes, creating/implementing simple widgets, etc.
– In collaboration with cross-functional team members build and own OPS backlog (Trello)
– Act as a go-to resource for project-related questions and concerns