Volunteer and Job Opportunities
At OPS, we believe in the power of every individual to make a difference. Everyone brings something unique to our work to protect the planet. Let us know what you would like to do, and how you might help support our mission.
Social Media Manager (SMM)
The Social Media Manager (SMM) at Oceanic Preservation Society (OPS) is responsible for our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok. There are a total of 8 accounts for our organization and films.
The SMM works in collaboration with the Campaigns Manager to present our ongoing campaigns to our online audience, amplify those of our partners, and provide updates and action alerts on high-focus issues to our online audience. The SMM must be proficient in content creation (both photo and video) and managing accounts on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
â€“ Content creation for each platform as well as adapting that content to each platform’s preferredÂ format
â€“ Regular posting on each platform (daily on Instagram and multiple times daily on Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok)
â€“ Fostering a sense of community by treating our followers as a group of fellow activists to increase engagement and participation in call-to-actions
â€“ Responding to all comments and messages from our online audience in a timely manner to answer any questions they may have on our campaigns, our stance on certain issues, and the nuances of those issues (supplementary information on these topics will be provided by our team)
â€“ Curating content from our partner organizations to potentially amplify on our accounts
â€“ Quarterly updates on channel growth for the OPS Board
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].Â Part-time paid compensation BOE.
Volunteer Growth Project Manager (GPM)
To be considered for this position, please fill out ourÂ Volunteer Application Form and select “Growth Project Manager” under the “type of work most interested in” field.
Growth Project Manager (GPM) at Oceanic Preservation Society (OPS) is primarily responsible for creating, administering, and implementing the organization’s growth strategy for the future. GPM works under direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and is expected to partner with stakeholders and resources across the organization to ensure that the organization’s key goals are carried out. The GPM works closely with different teams to build engaging experiences that grow the OPS donor and supporter base. GPM role is a combination of technical, marketing, analytical, and creative thinking. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Develop and deliver a clearly defined donor fundraising strategy, including short and long-term measurable key performance indicators and growth goals
– Own and drive the strategy within multiple marketing channels, End-to-End email channel, Google Ad Grants, Paid Social Media Advertising, etc.
– Execute A/B testing- Implement audience segmentation strategies (donor CRM (Funraise); MailChimp)
– Build landing pages for upcoming films/campaigns, ensuring that pages integrate with existing web accounts and fundraising platform (Funraise)
– Aim to complete marketing objectives; measure and report on campaign progress and effectiveness
– Analyze reported performance, provide actionable insights and identify any opportunities for testing
– Coordinate WordPress website improvements; go-to person for adjusting forms, moving things around on pages, SEO changes, creating/implementing simple widgets, etc.
– In collaboration with cross-functional team members build and own OPS backlog (Trello)
– Act as a go-to resource for project-related questions and concerns